Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Mint Iced Tea


Sweet tea is considered the house wine of the South. Somehow, I've never had this tea until last summer when my mom happened to make some for a dinner party. She claims she used to make it all the time, however, I don't ever remember having it. Now, I consider that it's summer until I've had a glass of this tea. Although, the 100+ degree temperatures every day tell me otherwise.


The ingredient list is very simple. Six tea bags, Splenda (or sugar), frozen lemon juice, and water. We use Bigelow's Plantation Mint Tea, which comes in the green box.

My Mom's Mint Iced Tea

6 Plantation Mint tea bags
1 cup Splenda
1/2 cup Lemon Juice
Water

Bring a little over 1 1/2 cups water up to a boil. When it comes up to a boil, place the six tea bags in the water, cover, remove from heat and let sit for 15 minutes.

Pour in 1 1/2 cups cold water into pitcher. Stir in the Splenda and lemon juice into cold water.

After the tea has steeped for 15 minutes, remove the tea bags and pour into the pitcher. Add four more cups of cold water into the pitcher.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails