Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Bacon Wrapped Chicken

Come on, what's not better with bacon?! Bacon makes the world go 'round.

My mom found a Phyllis Hoffman Celebrates magazine at Target. Naturally, it's Halloween themed, and while I hate Halloween, I still love to decorate and make themed food. These chicken breasts caught my eye because I love me some bacon. And now I have leftovers to use more of this week! Hooray!

The cook-time in this seemed a little bit much for me, so I checked mine after 30 minutes and my chicken was done. Keep an eye on it so that your chicken doesn't dry out too much. Also, you might want to dismantle the smoke detector! It gets quite smokey in there!

Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Source: Phyllis Hoffman Celebrates Halloween, page 96

1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground chile powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
12 slices bacon
1 tablespoon olive oil

In a small bowl, combine coriander, chile powder, and paprika. Season chicken breasts with spices. Wrap each chicken breast with 2 slices bacon, securing them with toothpicks.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a cooling rack over prepared baking sheet.

Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken breasts for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until bacon begins to brown. Remove chicken from pan, and place on cooling rack over baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of chicken registers 170 degrees.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails