Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Deep Dish Pizza Casserole



Two Weight Watcher Friendly posts in two days?! I'm on a roll!

Brian's a fanatic for casseroles. If I mention the word casserole, he'll eat it. If you've read my blog before, you might have picked up that I'm a somewhat picky eater. Casseroles have never been my thing because I end up picking it apart once it hits my plate. Making casseroles have somewhat helped me get over my picky-ness because at least I know what's going into the dish.

This casserole is very versatile and you can change it up to match any of your family's likes or dislikes. We added turkey pepperoni and mushrooms. I cooked the mushrooms after cooking the beef and then added the beef back into it once the mushrooms had browned and softened.

Deep Dish Pizza Casserole
Adapted from Weight Watchers 5 ingredient 15 minute cookbook

1 pound ground round
1 (15 oz) can tomato Sauce seasoned with Italian Seasoning
Cooking spray
1 (10 oz) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
1 1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
Optional: chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, chopped green peppers, black olives , turkey pepperoni, fat free ham, mushrooms

Preheat oven to 425. Cook meat in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat until browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain, return to skillet, add tomato sauce and cook until heated.Coat a 13 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray. Unroll pizza crust dough and press into bottom and halfway up sides of the baking dish. Top the pizza crust with meat mixture. Add optional ingredients. (figure extra points)

Bake uncovered at 425 for 12 minutes. Top with cheese and bake 5 minutes or until crust browns and cheese melts. Cool 5 minutes before serving.

8 servings @ 6 points each


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails