Friday, October 2, 2009

Cauliflower Fritters

It may come as no surprise that I'm a picky eater and have never been a cauliflower fan. However, I figured I would give it a try. I've been on a roll with trying new things that I have hated for all of my life. Tomatoes were a success. I even ate Fried Artichoke Hearts at Cheers in Little Rock and I'm still dreaming about them. I was doing so well and so why not be adventurous and go for cauliflower?

Well, at least I can say I tried it...

I'm still not a fan, but if you love cauliflower you will probably love this dish. Next time I'll just use some mashed potatoes instead.

Cauliflower Fritters
Adapted from Everyday with Rachael Ray, October 2009

Ingredients:
1 large head cauliflower (about 2 1/4 pounds), trimmed and chopped
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 large egg, beaten
One 10-ounce bag salad greens
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

Directions:
1.Steam the cauliflower until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl, mash and let cool for 10 minutes. Stir in the flour, bread crumbs and egg, season with salt and pepper and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Roll 1/4 cupfuls into balls, then flatten into patties, to make a total of 12 to 14. In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, fry the patties until golden-brown, about 4 minutes on each side. Serve with the salad greens tossed in olive oil and the lemon juice.

-------

Whenever my dad experiments with a new recipe, he always says "We might be ordering pizza later."

This is what we ended up having for dinner after making these...


Happy Friday!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails