Thursday, November 5, 2009

Well...

I had the best of intentions to bring you a cooking post today. Turns out, life had a different plan. A painful plan.

I wasn't going to blog this, but Brian talked me into it. He said that it was all part of telling my story. So here it goes...

Last night, I was making fettuccine alfredo with some chicken because it's our favorite meal. The alfredo was done and the timer went off for the chicken. I happened to have an oven mitt in my hand so I didn't bother with grabbing the other mitt. When I grabbed the pan out of the oven (a 425 degree oven, mind you), my thumb started to burn through the oven mitt. Without thinking, I placed my left hand under the pan even though I had nothing on to protect my hand.

The culprit

So I ran to the bathroom and sat like this for 45 minutes until help arrived:



My mom came over and then Brian got home, and long story short, I got some Silvadine cream and had my hand wrapped to protect it.

So, as I type this post with one hand, I leave you with these words of wisdom...always use two oven mitts and never touch a hot pan with your bare hand. Otherwise, you'll end up like this:


Which is not a very good look for the workplace or public in general.


3 comments:

Emily said...

Awhhhhh, Page!!! So sorry that happened!

Jade said...

I'm sorry!! I hope it feels better soon!!

petite nyonya said...

Oh dear!! Sorry to hear about this mishap. Hope the sore on your hand has recovered!

Related Posts with Thumbnails