Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Rugalach


I believe I've mentioned this before, but the best mail day is when either Food Network Magazine, Cooking Light, and/or the Williams Sonoma catalog arrives. Saturday I was blessed with this month's Food Network magazine and it's beautiful cover is nothing but cookies. Which can only mean...

It's Holiday Baking Season!

One cookie caught my eye, which I found out (thanks to the handy-dandy insert of 50 cookie recipes) that the cookie was rugalach. I had no idea what that meant, other than I had to make it. Just so happens that my office is having a bake sale on Friday, so this could be a contender...

Rugalach

Cut store-bought pie dough into 16 wedges (like a pizza). Starting from the tip, spread apricot jam over the top two-thirds of each wedge; sprinkle with chopped pecans. Roll from the fat end in to form a crescent shape. Brush with beaten egg and chill 30 minutes. Bake 30 to 35 minutes at 325 degrees.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails