Monday, February 22, 2010

Butter Chicken


Yes, I know it's no surprise that we eat a lot of Italian inspired dishes in my house. They're easy, comforting, and alway a big hit for us. So when I saw this recipe on the Tasty Kitchen blog, I wanted to try it but was nervous about how it would be received at home. Plus, the original recipe says to marinate the chicken overnight, which is something I never think about doing before collapsing on my bed. But, I was determined to try something new. So, I thought of my dad's mantra when he makes experiments which is "If it's horrible, we'll order a pizza."

We definitely did not need to order a pizza after eating this chicken. It is phenomenal. We absolutely loved it and I will definitely make it again. I only marinated the chicken for a few hours and it still had a great flavor to it. We didn't think that it was spicy, but you can cut back on the cayenne if you don't like spicy things.

Butter Chicken
Source: Tasty Kitchen

4 pieces Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
5 cloves Garlic, Minced
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoons Black Pepper
1/2 teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
1/4 teaspoons Ground Coriander
1/4 teaspoons Cumin
1/4 teaspoons Cardamom
1 whole Lime, Juiced
1 whole Onion, Diced
1/4 cups Butter
1 can (14.5 Oz. Can) Tomato Sauce
1 can (14.5 Oz. Can) Petite Diced Tomatoes
1 pint Whipping Cream
1 bunch Chopped Cilantro, to taste
2 cups Basmati Rice (or However Much You Want) (I used white rice because that's what I could find.)

Directions:
Combine first 9 ingredients and marinate overnight. (Can also marinate for a few hours if you are short on time.)

Saute the onion in the butter until soft. Add marinated chicken and cook about 10 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Cook for 30 minutes over medium-low heat with the lid on. Add the whipping cream and cilantro just before serving over Basmati rice.

Printable version


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful colors in your dinner! my bro loves butter chicken, i'll have to make this for him!

ty said...

PAGE. that looks bomb. anything with "butter" in the title is an automatic try for me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails