Thursday, August 27, 2009

Crash Hot Potatoes


I have a hard time coming up with side dishes. Does anyone else have this issue? I can pick a main dish like none other, but when it comes to side dishes, I'm totally clueless. I really need help in this department.

Anyone have any good side dishes to recommend? I'm all ears.

One that we do love in our house is Pioneer Woman's Crash Hot Potatoes. I've only made them one other time and when they were cooking in the oven, Brian stated that it smelled like Christmas in the house. He had given me one of those Rosemary "Christmas" trees last December and so our living room smelled like rosemary. It was awesome. So when the potatoes were cooking up, our whole kitchen smelled like rosemary, which equates with Christmas in Brian's mind.

The only issue I had with these potatoes this time was that I didn't let them boil long enough so I could not mash them down. I had potatoes flying all over the kitchen.


Crash Hot Potatoes
Source: Pioneer Woman

New potatoes (or any small potato)
Olive oil
Kosher salt
Fresh ground black pepper
Rosemary (or other fresh herb)

Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in as many potatoes as you wish to make and cook them until they are fork-tender.

On a sheet pan, generously drizzle olive oil. Place tender potatoes on the cookie sheet leaving plenty of room between each potato.

With a potato masher, gently press down each potato until it slightly mashes, rotate the potato masher 90 degrees and mash again. Brush the tops of each potato generously with more olive oil.

Sprinkle potatoes with kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper and fresh chopped rosemary.

Bake in 450 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.


1 comment:

altonwoods said...

Those look delicious! I've been hungry for a "twicw baked" potatoe lately, think I'll try these! Thanks, Jeff

Related Posts with Thumbnails