Friday, August 28, 2009

Crawfish Jambalaya - Friday Fail...


Sometimes things just don't work out. Sometimes things sound good but the result is not so good. Case in point - Crawfish Jambalaya.

I wanted it to be good. I had high hopes of finding a jambalaya recipe from scratch that would replace Zatarain's boxed jambalaya. This, sadly, was not the recipe.

Having been born in southern Louisiana, Cajun is injected into my blood. You are born loving crawfish, andouille, and all things spicy. You automatically love jambalaya, etouffee, and gumbo.

This jambalaya just didn't fit the bill for me. I really debated whether or not to even bother posting it, but in honor of keeping it real, I will. Brian loved it but I just could not get behind it. I don't even know what it was that I didn't like about it. It definitely needs more spice and less salt. I'm not giving up on it, but today, it's my Friday Fail. Sorry to leave you going into the weekend with a sad tale. Next week will be different. :)



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails